Supporting Parents And Children Through Family Law Disputes

At Kurzman Grant Law Office, we will seek the best outcome for you and your children in any family law dispute. Families come in all shapes and sizes, and while some clients are interested in mediation and collaboration when it comes to child custody and visitation, others are concerned with additional issues, including child protection or paternity. A large number of cases today involve parents that have never been married, but these parents have important rights involving custody, parenting time and child support.

We have helped our clients get custody and parenting time in a wide range of circumstances. This includes parents wanting more parenting time after divorce, as well as grandparents and other family members seeking custody or visitation agreements.

Child Custody And Visitation Arrangements

Child custody and parenting time can vary greatly from case to case. This can range from a 50-50 agreement with joint legal (decision-making) custody and physical custody, to supervised visitation or no parenting at all

Our firm has helped families arrange parenting when the parties are even far away from one another and we have found creative ways to arrange parenting around holidays, vacations and other special considerations. Your attorney can also help you to request supervised visitation if your children are endangered, mentally or physically, when in the care of your previous partner.

Oh, this is so much better than I was expecting. Thanks again. I hope you feel good about how much you've helped our family (and others, I'm sure)! Thanks for helping us keep our little boy!

— C. B., July 2016

Safeguarding Parental Rights In Child In Need Of Protection Cases

Child in Need of Protection (CHIPS) actions are civil cases brought by the county in cases where a child is deemed to be at risk. If a child has been neglected, abused, is truant or has run away, a CHIPS action can be filed and the state will investigate the safety and protection of the children involved. We can help if you disagree with the proposed case management plan or wish to contest allegations made against you, or you may be fighting a case to terminate your parental rights.

We have successfully defended against CHIPS allegations and prevented proposed termination of parental rights; we can help you in the same way.If you are uncertain how a CHIPS case will affect you and your children, it is important to seek advice from an experienced lawyer immediately. Our firm can help you to understand CHIPS actions and protect your parental rights.

Get The Support You Need — Contact Kurzman Grant Law Office Today

In all matters concerning child paternity, child custody or child protection, our firm will support you and your children at every step. We pride ourselves on providing strong yet compassionate representation and guidance to those facing difficult family situations. Contact our office in Minneapolis, Minnesota, today by calling 612-254-7162 or filling out our online form to schedule an appointment.